16 May 2018
I hope that you all had a pleasant week thus far.
A big thank you to all of the mums and grans who were able to support our Moms’ Pamper Day. It was very successful. To Binkie and Andrea, who spear-headed the project and the rest of the staff for their support and hard work – Thank You.
To the ladies who gave generously for our lucky draws, Lushinka for a Le Riche voucher, Michelle for 2 Pilates sessions. To Salaameh Thomas from Hair at Pringle for two hair sessions and Janine from The Wooden Leg. It added to the enjoyment of the day.
1. We were sad to receive a resignation from Debi Best who has been teaching the learners music for the past year or so. We wish her all the best in her new exciting venture. We have interviewed a few candidates to fill her position, but we haven’t found the right person yet. If you know a music teacher who might like to join the PHES family, please let me know.
2. We have been donated boxes of Lego Duplo to use at the school. A huge thank you to Henriette Rottcher from Pringle Bay and to Ripple Reading. The developmental skills as a result of the use of the Lego are huge. Lego bricks enhance group activities and provide an opportunity to promote emotional intelligence as well as problem solving and social skills.
I believe learning is more effective when children are actively involved in the learning process and constructing something that they find personally meaningful.
3. A survey has gone out to get some feedback from you, the parents, regarding aftercare. Please complete and send back as we value your input and ideas.
4. The 18 May is International Museum Day. Please can you send something “old” that your child can show and give a quick explanation about?
If one of you has any interesting stories to share with the learners about Pringle Bay and the surrounding areas, please let me know.
5. Photographs have been taken of the learners. We will provide you with more information regarding the purchasing of them as soon as we get feedback.
6. The 23 May is the Puppet Show.
7. The 25 May is the Grade R and 1 Cake Sale. Details to follow shortly.
Our condolences to the Johnson family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Light and love